Was Abe Lincoln a scoundrel?
A Moose in Love
2012-07-19 12:33:33 UTC
http://www.lewrockwell.com/decoster/decoster21.html
{
Abraham Lincoln, as most of us were told in Mr. Smith's 9th-grade
history class, was a God-sent savior, a brilliant, articulate, and
diversity-loving individual, and the Messiah of the great "Union."
Most of us were brainwashed on enchanting quotations from the "great
man from the little log cabin." This week celebrates his birthday, and
may he be remembered for what he truly was. So let me begin a short
and biased Lincoln diatribe, and may it rattle Abe's grave and leave
him forever unsettled.

Lincoln was a ruthless dictator of the most contemptible sort. A
conniving and manipulative man, and a scoundrel at heart, he was
nowhere near what old guard historians would have us believe.

Lincoln has been transformed into the indomitable icon of the American
Union. But yet, this beast ruled the country by presidential decree,
exercised dictatorial powers over a free people, and proceeded to wage
war without a declaration from Congress. Lincoln blocked Southern
shipping ports, justifying his actions by saying "he would enforce all
laws and collect all revenues due the North." The blockades were an
act of war. He set his Northern Army upon the South at Fort Sumter,
and set in motion one of the most brutal attacks ever upon freedom by
maneuvering the South into firing the first shot at their Northern
aggressors.

However, Mr. Smith's textbook would have us believe that Lincoln was a
preservationist of sorts, a man dedicated to preserving the grandeur
of State ideals. Most 9th-graders don't have the intellect to ask what
is so glorious about State ideals. Instead, they absorb just enough to
make it into ignorant adulthood. In fact, if they had questioned these
teachings, they would have discovered that Lincoln was a consummate
con man, manipulator, and a State-serving miscreant.

In the march through Georgia during Lincoln's War of Northern
Aggression, he and Sherman carved out a murderous campaign, maiming
innocent civilians and setting a precedent for the next century's
bloody genocides that followed. A fine exemplar was he, the Communists
might say.

As if the pure evil of the war to subjugate the Southern states
struggling for independence was not unscrupulous enough, Lincoln was
hardly the watchman of the black race as portrayed by Mr. Smith's
ninth-grade history text, either. Lincoln had no fondness for the
black man, and in fact, often spoke with the candor of that which
would make him a modern-day racist of satanic proportions.

As Lincoln scholar Tom DiLorenzo points out, Lincoln believed there
was an inherent inequality between the black and white race, and held
a conviction that a "superior position" should be assigned to the
white man over the black man due to this political and social
inequality. David Duke was forever browbeaten for muttering anything
even resembling this.

Any good historian at least understands that his goal was not to free
the slaves, as DiLorenzo correctly states. In 1862, Lincoln published
a letter stating, "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the
Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could
save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could
save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save
it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.
What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe
it helps to save the Union."

Lincoln was the darling candidate of the moneyed industrialists of the
North. At the core of his political tenets was a government of high
import taxes, and his Republican party, whom he lead, passed the
Morrill tariff into law soon after taking office. To quote DiLorenzo,
Lincoln "even promised in his First Inaugural Address to launch an
invasion of any state that failed to collect its share of tariffs." He
was committing himself to collecting customs in the South, even if
that meant they would secede. The free-market economics of the South
were up for assault.

Lincoln signed ten more tariff-raising bills throughout his agonizing
administration. He manipulated the American public into the first
income tax, he handed out huge land grants and monetary subsidies to
transcontinental railroads (corporate welfare), and he took the nation
off the gold standard, allowing the government to have absolute
control over the monetary system. Then, he virtually nationalized the
banking system under the National Currency Acts in order to establish
a machine for printing new money at will and to provide cheap credit
for the business elite. This mercantilist tyrant ushered in central
banking, our greatest economic curse to this day.

Furthermore, his "New Army" and the slaughter effort on the South put
into motion an unprecedented profusion of federal coercion against
free citizens, both North and South. By way of conscription, he
assembled a vast army by presidential decree, an act of flagrant
misconduct which drafted individuals into slavery to the federal
government. Additionally, any war dissenters or advocates of a
peaceful settlement with the South were jailed, and, as even Mr. Smith
knows, Habeus Corpus was abolished for the duration of the war. He
then tossed into the slammer as many as 30,000 civilians WITHOUT due
process of law for reasons of criticizing the Lincoln administration,
and suppressed HUNDREDS of newspapers that did not support his war
effort.

After his Army stopped secession in its tracks, Lincoln created
provisional courts sympathetic to Northern aggression, invented the
office of Military Governor, and issued the Emancipation Proclamation,
which became a propaganda tool for historians in later years, though
it did not free the slaves in Northern-controlled areas.

All said, Lincoln was a ruthless dictator and he set the precedent for
what is known as the "Imperial Presidency." He was the most evil,
damaging, aggressive, abominable, and destructive president ever to
defy American liberty. Happy Birthday, Abe.
}
b***@excite.com
2012-07-19 15:13:48 UTC
What colour is the sky in your world, arsehole?
A Moose in Love
2012-07-19 19:24:35 UTC
Post by b***@excite.com
What colour is the sky in your world, arsehole?
I suggest you take your negative energy, go to Church, and become a
positive person.
The Peeler
2012-07-19 15:40:03 UTC
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 05:33:33 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love with Nazi Scum
Post by A Moose in Love
http://www.lewrockwell.com/decoster/decoster21.html
<snip yet another huge load of mosse droppings>

I don't know about Lincoln, but I know that you and your Nazi friends (whose
cocks you keep sucking), are scoundrels!
Greg Carr
He was also a vampire hunter <G>
"Çons®@minority#s" <Çons®@minority#
him forever unsettled.
c***@gmail.com
2018-07-29 23:44:42 UTC
You are 100% correct my friend. It's interesting that so many people who are criticising your post are demonstrating their total ignorance.......is it any wonder that Lincoln was able to get away with his crimes!!! Most people would rather die than think!
Lincoln was a white supremacist and racist to the core. This is easily verifiable by doing a little research and reading direct quotes that Lincoln uttered. As someone once said, the winners of a war get to write history.