Holocaust Almanac: Malzmueller on Chelmno
Kenneth McVay OBC
2007-07-06 11:01:01 UTC
Archive/File: pub/camps/chelmno/chelmno.003
Last-Modified: 1994/03/01

SS-man Theodor Malzmueller on the Chelmno extermination camp

"When we arrived we had to report to the camp commandant,
SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer Bothmann. The SS-Haupsturmfuehrer addressed
us in his living quarters, in the presence of SS-Untersturmfuehrer
Albert Plate. He explained that we had been dedicated to the
Kulmhof [Chelmno] extermination camp as guards and added that in
this camp the plague boils of humanity, the Jews, were
exterminated. We were to keep quiet about everything we saw or
heard, otherwise we would have to reckon with our families'
imprisonment and the death penalty...

The extermination camp was made up of the so-called "castle" and
the camp in the woods. The castle was a fairly large stone
building at the edge of the village of Kulmhof. It was there that
the Jews who had been transported by lorry or railway were first
brought...

When a lorry arrived the following members of the SS-Sonderkommando
addresses the Jews: (1) camp commandant Bothmann, (2)
Untersturmfuehrer Albert Plate from North Germany, (3)
Polizei-Meister Willy Lenz from Silesia, (4) Polizei-Meister Alois
Haeberle from Wuerttenberg. They explained to the Jews that they
would first of all be given a bath and deloused in Kulmhof and then
sent to Germany to work. The Jews then went inside the castle.
There they had to get undressed. After this they were sent through
a passage-way on to a ramp to the castle yard where the so-called
"gas-van" was parked. The back door of the van would be open. The
Jews were made to get inside the van. This job was done by three
Poles, who I believe were sentenced to death. The Poles hit the
Jews with whips if they did not get into the gas vans fast enough.
When all the Jews were inside the door was bolted. The driver then
switched on the engine, crawled under the van and connected a pipe
from the exhaust to the inside of the van. The exhaust fumes now
poured into the inside of the truck so that the people inside were
suffocated..." (Klee, 217-219)

Testimony of gas-van driver Walter Burmeister

"As soon as the ramp had been erected in the castle, people started
arriving in Kulmhof from Lizmannstadt in lorries... The people
were told that they had to take a bath, that their clothes had to
be disinfected and that they could hand in any valuable items
beforehand to be registered...

When they had undressed they were sent to the cellar of the castle
and then along a passageway on to the ramp and from there into the
gas-van. In the castle there were signs marked "to the baths".
The gas vans were large vans, about 4-5 meters long, 2.2 meter wide
and 2 meter high. The interior walls were lined with sheet metal.
On the floor there was a wooden grille. The floor of the van had
an opening which could be connected to the exhaust by means of a
removable metal pipe. When the lorries were full of people the
double doors at the back were closed and the exhaust connected to
the interior of the van...

The Kommando member detailed as driver would start the engine right
away so that the people inside the lorry were suffocated by the
exhaust gases. Once this had taken place, the union between the
exhaust and the inside of the lorry was disconnected and the van
was driven to the camp in the woods were the bodies were unloaded.
In the early days they were initially burned in mass graves, later
incinerated... I then drove the van back to the castle and parked
it there. Here it would be cleaned of the excretions of the people
that had died in it. Afterwards it would once again be used for
gassing...

I can no longer say what I thought at the time or whether I thought
of anything at all. I can also no longer say today whether I was
too influenced by the propaganda of the time to have refused to
have carried out the orders I had been given." (Klee, 219-220)

Work Cited

Klee, E., W. Dressen, V. Riess. The Good Old Days. New York:
The Free Press, 1988
--
"My name is not 'Fatbury Scumbag' you stupid lying Jew bastard. Name
call is all a pathetic loser like you has! You have yet to prove me
Revisionist Scholar of Bellville, Texas)
Kurt Knoll

Kenneth McVay OBC
2007-07-06 14:11:46 UTC
In article <TBrji.91373$***@pd7urf1no>,
Leading Revisionist Scholar Kurt Knoll, the Village Idiot
Post by Kurt Knoll
Interesting Name Theodor Malzmüller. Did this guy really exist. What was his
place of birth and home address.
Can Leading Revisionist Scholar Kurt Knoll, the laughing stock of
UseNet, show that he did *not* exist?

No, he cannot.

He is, after all, a Leading Revisionist Scholar.

(and his tribe is really, REALLY stupid.)
Post by Kurt Knoll
Post by Kenneth McVay OBC
[...]
"Since all you knowledge is coming out of your holocaust
Fairydale book I will not your naivety holding against
you." (K. Knoll, Leading Revisionist Scholar)
The Nizkor Project: http://www.nizkor.org/