The Nuremberg Trials
v***@gmail.com
2017-11-14 12:25:18 UTC
You can view the transcripts of the trials at

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/imt.asp

See what happened for yourself.
osugeography
2018-01-28 04:04:53 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
You can view the transcripts of the trials at
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/imt.asp
See what happened for yourself.
Joe-thanks for the link.

I was in Nuremberg for a few days during late '99. While there, I asked at one information office (gaggle of youngsters) where the Palace of Justice was, but they didn't seem to know. Probably not all that intentional. Some people here don't know where the Oklahoma City bombing Memorial is, either, and I mean what city it is in.

We did go to the Zeppelinfeld, inside the stadium, and the parade ground. At that time, there was a large historical exhibit in the grandstand structure showing some Nazi history and the popularity of Nuremberg as a Nazi rallying place, but it looks like the exhibit is gone now.

It was very quiet at the stadium, only a dozen or so in our tour group were there. The construction of the concrete stadium is poor, and apparently nothing much is being done to halt its decay. By poor construction I mean a poor concrete mixture and little air entrainment. Maybe there is a reluctance to support the Nazi "monument", but to lose it to decay is the loss of a reminder. Proper concrete mixtures stand up pretty well to freeze and thaw cycles and rain, but even in 1999 concrete spalling off the concrete stadium seats was common.

The most memorable sight while we were at the grandstand was while we were at the review box where Hitler reviewed his troops. We were there for a few minutes and while there, a German youth came by and made a little vault on the box where Hitler once stood, by the youth on his skateboard.

To repair or not repair Zeppelinfeld field-the difficult choice the Germans must make:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nuremberg-germanys-dilemma-over-the-nazis-field-of-dreams-a6793276.html

пока мы не встретимся снова
(Until we meet again. Or something like that.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com